Motor vehicles, except motorcycles, with a maximum speed of 45 km/h.
Category F (special category)
16 years: work motor vehicles and tractors with a maximum speed of 45 km/h as well as motor carts and agricultural vehicles
18 years: the other vehicles in special category F
Emergency Response Course
must not be older than 24 months for each application for a learner driving license and must be completed by a Swiss optician/doctor.
Traffic medical examination
- First-time study of over 65-year-old or physically disabled applicants for a learner’s permit
- if there are any doubts about your fitness to drive
are only admitted to traffic on the basis of an aptitude report from a neurologist or a doctor specializing in epilepsy.
simplified theory test G / F, except holders of the special category G
Validity of the learner’s permit
- Learner’s license required
- no accompanying person required
- Accompanying person only allowed as holder of the corresponding category
Additional permissions after acquiring the category
In domestic traffic, the F driving license entitles you to drive electric rickshaws and to tow trailers on vehicles in the special categories F, G and M.