Vehicle combinations consisting of a category C towing vehicle and a trailer with a total weight of more than 750 kg.
C (minimum learner license)
Emergency Response Course
must not be older than 24 months for each application for a learner driving license and must be completed by a Swiss optician/doctor.
Traffic medical examination
have already taken place/fulfilled with the acquisition of towing vehicle category C.
are only admitted to traffic on the basis of an aptitude report from a neurologist or a doctor specializing in epilepsy.
basic theory exam
additional theory test
Validity of the learner’s permit
- Learner’s license required
- Accompanying person not required
Exception: if you do not have a category C driver’s license, the towing vehicle may only be driven with the required learner’s license and the corresponding accompanying person. Accompanying person requirements:
- 23 years of age completed
- at least 3 years in possession of a category CE driving licence
- no probationary driver’s license (FAP)
- Only passengers who are also in possession of the CE category may be carried.
Additional permissions after acquiring the category
BE, C1E, DE*, D1E*
* if in possession of the driver’s license category for the corresponding towing vehicle