Vehicle combinations consisting of a towing vehicle in subcategory C1 and a trailer with a total weight of more than 750 kg, provided that the total towing weight does not exceed 12000 kg.
Category C1E (subcategory)
B, C1 (at least learner driving licences)
must not be older than 24 months for each application for a learner driving license and must be completed by a Swiss optician/doctor.
Traffic medical examination
have already taken place/fulfilled with the acquisition of the towing vehicle category C1.
are only admitted to traffic on the basis of an aptitude report from a neurologist or a doctor specializing in epilepsy.
basic theory exam
Additional theory test
Validity of the learner’s permit
- Learner’s license required
- Accompanying person not required
Exception: if you do not have a driver’s license for category C1, the towing vehicle may only be driven with the required learner’s license and the corresponding accompanying person. Accompanying person requirements:
- 23 years of age completed
- at least 3 years in possession of a category C1E driving licence
- no probationary driver’s license (FAP)
- Only passengers who are in possession of category C1E may be carried.
Additional permissions after acquiring the category
BE, DE*, D1E*
* if in possession of the driver’s license category for the corresponding towing vehicle