CATEGORY C1 (SUB-CATEGORY)
motor vehicles, other than those of category D, with a total weight exceeding 3500 kg but not exceeding 7500 kg; Vehicle combinations consisting of a towing vehicle in subcategory C1 and a trailer whose total weight does not exceed 750 kg.
Category C1 (subcategory)
B (minimum learner license)
Emergency Response Course
Traffic medical examination
must not be older than 24 months for each application for a learner driving license and must be completed by a Swiss optician/doctor.
are only admitted to traffic on the basis of an aptitude report from a neurologist or a doctor specializing in epilepsy.
basic theory exam
Additional theory test
Validity of the learner’s permit
- Learner’s license required
- accompanying person required. Learner trips may only be undertaken with a companion who has reached the age of 23 and who has held a subcategory C1 driver’s license for at least three years and is no longer on a probationary basis.
- The subcategory C1 learner driving license entitles you to learn to drive a category B motor vehicle and a fire engine vehicle with a total weight of more than 7500 kg and category C driving school trucks.
CZV – the Chauffeur Licensing Ordinance
If you carry out journeys with subcategory C1 that do not fall under the exceptions of the CZV, you also need the certificate of ability for goods transport.
Additional permissions after acquiring the category
B, B1, F, G, M
Further authorizations after passing the driving test Cat. C1
The C1 driving license entitles you to:
- for driving vehicles of subcategory D1, provided these vehicles are empty or the driver is carrying people who are required to identify defects, check repairs and carry out official vehicle inspections.
- for towing agricultural trailers or trailers of the fire brigade, police and civil protection.
Category C1 (subcategory)
|HEARING||Hearing distance for conversational speech 3 m on both sides, with one-sided deafness 6 m. No serious diseases of the inner or middle ear.|
|ALCOHOL, NARCOTICS AND PSYCHOTROPIC DRUGS||
|ORGANIC BRAIN DISORDERS||
|DISEASES OF THE RESPIRATORY AND ABDOMINAL ORGANS||No illnesses associated with increased daytime sleepiness and no other illnesses or disabilities that affect the ability to drive a motor vehicle safely or impair driving-related performance.|
|DISEASES OF THE SPINE AND MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM||No deformity, disease, paralysis, result of injury or surgery significantly affecting the ability to drive a motor vehicle safely, which cannot be adequately corrected by facilities.|